The best oral health tactics are those that use the dental tools and techniques at our disposal in tandem with each other. Brushing alone is more effective if you add other treatments and techniques along with it, specifically flossing. To use dental floss to reach areas that your brush cannot. Here are some helpful hints to use to improve your oral health progress:
– The amount of flossing thread you need per use is roughly 18 inches in length. Wrap each end around a finger and gently move the floss up and down as necessary, always using a different portion of the floss for each tooth.
– To floss effectively, slide your floss gently between each tooth in an up-and-down motion without pressing into the gum line.
– Try to include flossing in your daily oral health care behaviors by flossing at least once per day.
– Make sure to floss in between every individual tooth and behind the back teeth.
– Always use dental floss or a dental tool that is ADA-approved or accepted by your dentist at Art of the Smiles.
If you are having a difficult time finding or using the right floss and flossing tactics, or for a thorough cleaning to ensure your teeth are well protected from gum disease or tooth decay, we invite you to schedule a visit with Dr. Huang at our dental office located in Federal Way, Washington. Please call 253-839-4048 to speak with a friendly member of our team. We can’t wait to make your smile as stellar as it can be!